Spectrum is a part of Charter communication. It came into being in the year 2014 once Charter Communications acquired Bright House Network and Time Warner Cable. Spectrum is recommended for those who want to have premium channels like Showtime and HBO max as part of their Internet and TV bundles. Currently, Spectrum caters to over 40 million population in the nation of the US. They are also the most widely available Internet and cable TV service providers. Their channel count is pretty impressive, with the basic plan offering over 125 channels and the largest plan offering over 200 channels to the customers.
Why should you opt for Spectrum?
- Spectrum does not bind its customers in any contract. You are free to leave whenever you want. In the case of the other cable and Internet service providers, there is a contract of one or two years if you want to avail the best prices. However, if you decide to leave the contract before the duration gets over, you will have to pay a termination fee.
- Spectrum also offers its customers a contract buyout. Suppose you are in a contract with another Internet or TV service provider and you wish to switch to Spectrum. But your contract duration is not over. Under such conditions, Spectrum offers a contract buyout of up to $500 to its customer. However, you are only eligible to avail of the contract buyout if you opt for the double or triple play packages of Spectrum.
- All channels available with Spectrum TV are in HD.
- If you decide to opt for the gold or silver plans, you will also avail yourself of premium channels.
- Spectrum has a library harboring thousands of on-demand shows and movies.
Why should you not opt for Spectrum TV?
- The DVR options are pretty confusing. The details of the DVR services are also not mentioned clearly on the website or Spectrum.
- The customer service of Spectrum leaves much to be desired. Customers have most often complained that the problems are not sorted out on time, and the customer service takes too long to respond.
The different packages available with Spectrum TV
Spectrum TV Select
- The starting price for this package is $44.99 per month for 12 months.
- In this plan, you will be availing of over 125 channels.
- Some popular Spectrum TV select channels are Hallmark Channel, ESPN, AMC, etc.
- The Spectrum TV app is included as a part of this plan.
- You can also avail of the services of DVR by paying an additional $13.98 per month.
Spectrum TV Silver
- This plan starts from $74.99 per month for 12 months.
- In this plan, you will be availing of over 175 channels.
- Some popular Spectrum TV Silver channels are HBO Max, Showtime, and all the channels available with Spectrum TV select.
- The Spectrum TV app is included as part of this plan.
- You can avail of the services of DVR by paying an additional $13.98 per month.
Spectrum TV Gold
- This plan starts from $94.99 per month for 12 months.
- In this plan, you will be availing of over 200 channels.
- Some popular Spectrum TV silver channels are Starz, Starz Encore, and all the channels that are included with Spectrum TV silver.
- Spectrum TV app is included as part of this plan.
- You can also, or we lose services off DVR by paying an additional $13.98 per month.
Experts recommend that you bundle up the TV plans along with the Internet if you need TV and Internet. The TV silver plan is the best amongst all since it includes Showtime and HBO Max along with over 175 channels.
Once you have chosen a TV plan, bundling is very easy. You have to decide if you want to add home phone service and Internet to the bundle. Customers have reported that they save at least $5 per month if they opt for the Spectrum bundle packages. However, there is a slight catch. The payment may rise to $35 after 12 months duration is over. However, Spectrum does not bind its customers to any kind of contract options. Therefore, you are free to call up the customer service Spectrum and check out the promotional plans available. You can use any of the promotional plans and apply them to your existing plan to avail reduced prices. It is not guaranteed that this option would work every time, but it is worth a try.
If you want the cheapest bundle, you should go for the Spectrum double play select. The starting price for this bundle is $89.98 per month for 12 months. You will be availing of over 125 channels with a download speed of up to 200 Mbps. This should easily be able to cater to all your needs unless you are working from home.