Unfortunately it isn’t always easy to scoop a big casino jackpot these days, and the main reason behind this is the concept of house edge. Have you ever thought about how slots pay by mobile casinos actually make as much money as they do?
All casino table games have odds that are skewed slightly in the casino’s favour so that it can make money. This is basically what the concept of house edge is. Keep reading for more information, as well as tips on how to beat the phone casino. house edge.
Get to grips with the concept of casino house edge
Right then, as we mentioned before, the concept of casino house edge is essential what is keeping casinos and online casinos in business. Each and every casino game will have a set of odds – in layman’s terms casino odds are a tangible way to see exactly what the average probability of winning is. Odds are also there to notify gamblers how much money they could win off of their stake too.
In regard to casino house edge, this is the term that gamblers use to describe the fact that casino game odds are always skewed slightly in favour of the “house” – a common term for casino.
A few reasons why house edge has to exist at casinos
For complete beginners learning about the concept of casino house edge it all may seem a little unfair, however in reality casino house edge is absolutely crucial to the framework of the entire casino industry.
Take a look at a few of these reasons why house edge has to exist at casinos:
- To pay jackpots: Casinos absolutely must be able to pay out jackpots to casino game winners, and this therefore means that house edge has to exist in order to raise funds.
- To encourage better casino games: House edge is basically how casinos make their money, and this money often goes into making the casino games even better. Just look at how the slots or live casino industry has evolved!
What is the house edge on the most popular casino games?
It is a great idea to know about some of the house edge statistics of the most popular casino games. Here are some examples:
- Roulette: 2.70% (European roulette) or 5.26% (American roulette).
- Blackjack: 0.28%
- Video poker: 0.46%
- Slots: 2% – 10%
How can you limit the house edge in casino games as much as you can?
House edge is annoying, although there are ways that gambling pros can reduce it as much as possible. Here are some methods:
- Card counting: Keeping a keen eye on the cards dealt by the dealer in games like blackjack can give you vital information on what is left in the deck. As a result you can bet more effectively and get that house edge down!
- Make safer bets: If you are playing games like roulette you can reduce the house edge simply by playing things safe and opting for the outside bets that have much higher odds.