Have you ever encountered, “There was an unexpected error reported while trying to run QuickBooks with company file” message while opening your QuickBooks Desktop? It means you have come up with QuickBooks error 80029c4a. You can attempt to debug the error by restarting your computers which includes the server and workstations (If using the company file in multi-user mode) or re-installing your QuickBooks. This article enlists the major causes of the issue and focuses on the methods to rectify it. Read it till the end for detailed information.
If you face trouble eliminating the QB error message 80029c4a, speak to one of our certified experts at 1.800.579.0391
What Provokes Error Message 80029c4a in QuickBooks?
You might encounter the error 80029c4a due to a couple of reasons listed below-
- Your QuickBooks Desktop is not updated with the recent updates released.
- Your system’s anti-virus might have prevented some QuickBooks program files from downloading.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 1935
How to Quickly Get Rid of QuickBooks Desktop Error 80029c4a?
If you cannot find the ideal solutions to debug the error code 80029c4a in QB, make sure to follow the steps given below. The following methods have been explained precisely so that you can eliminate the error without any trouble-
SOLUTION 1: Make Use of Clean Install Tool From the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Back up your company file and keep your QuickBooks License Number, Version, and Product Year in front of you.
- From the Windows ‘Start’ button, open ‘Control Panel’.
- Tap ‘Programs and Features’ or ‘Uninstall a Program’.
- From the programs list, choose the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click ‘Uninstall/Change’ and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Next, install the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your desktop and run it.
- From the ‘Installation Issues’ menu, choose the ‘Clean Install’ tool.
- Click ‘OK’ and select all the required information.
- Hit ‘Continue’ and then ‘OK’ when the “Please install your copy of QuickBooks to the default location” message appears, re-install QuickBooks Desktop.
If the Clean Install does not fix your problem, move on to the next solution.
SOLUTION 2: Look Into the Anti-Virus Configuration
QuickBooks might get restricted from downloading some crucial program files due to your anti-virus. You must check for the blocked files list in your application settings. The following processes should not be added to the list. In case you see any of these, delete them and save the changes.
As this article ends here, you must have gained the requisite information on the QuickBooks error 80029c4a, such as the causes and ways to troubleshoot the issue. Sometimes, updating your QuickBooks to the latest release also resolves the error successfully. In case the solutions mentioned above do not eliminate the issue, try to repair QuickBooks installation. However, if the problem still persists, we suggest you have a quick conversation with our QuickBooks tech team experts by dialing Toll-Free number 1.800.579.0391.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 1328