When you start decorating your home, there are some essential factors to consider. Your floors will usually act as the foundation for your design. To match up to the existing décor as well as spreading positivity to the room, a polka dot rug can be integrating visually or with diversified harmony.
Below are various factors to consider for buying & decorating with an oriental rug. Without more delay, have a look at them.
How to Decide the Size of the Rug?
- Measure the size of the room and the area you want to hide or cover.
- The common area rug sizes are 4-by-6 & 6-by-9 feet. They work great under a coffee table.
- A larger can cover the whole room.
- For a small area, scattered carpets can be a good choice to illuminate the smallest spaces, such as the area in front of the kitchen sink, and make them bright and warm.
How to Choose According to Room?
- Living Room
- In a living space, the area rug would likely place in front of the sofa and under the table
- To put a room-sized rug on the hardwood floor, pick a rug that is eight inches bigger than the wood to be apparent at the rear of the border rug.
- Check out the open space up to the sofa along with the chairs, to make sure that the person seated will have both their feet on the rugs covering the floor of his home.
- More than one area rug is acceptable.
- Bedroom Area
These Persian or Oriental area rugs are not that well-matched with the bedroom and this is the reason why it is not recommended. Most of the patterns will be cover under the bed in the dark, making the rug resist moth damage.
Instead, use multiple area rugs. A rug under the bed and two on each side Or use several scatter rugs to fill areas around the bed as needed. It will cost less and complement your furnishings better.
- Should you use one rug or two?
The general rule for buying a rug coordinates the room together and helps select furniture, curtains, etc. The layout of the carpet ought to be extraordinarily distinctive enough to form area separation, then again comparable in color and great to hold up the integrity of the room.
- How to choose the Color of the rug
If renovating an already furnished room, choose a rug to choose up the colors used in your furnishing design. Color of the walls found in the rug when color coordinating occurs. Look for a rug that is common with the previous color of the walls. If you are looking to create a point of center in a room with the addition of a chair or a sofa containing some unique patterns then the rug with a bolder statement can be used. Light-colored rugs create a space that looks more spacious, and deeper colors lend coziness to a room.
- The durability of the rugs
For floor rugs, wool is mostly a preferred choice as it resists daily wear better than synthetics. Wool has many outstanding qualities- deep; rich color tones, high durability, and relative ease of care.
- How to choose the Shape of the rug
Let your decorating style determine your rug shape. You need not have to subjugate your idea of placing a rug of rectangular shape. It can add flair and class to your floor with circular or octagonal-shaped rugs.
You need not purchase handmade area rugs when you are in search of an ultimate choice for perfection. Expensive hand-made rugs are not squared off as correctly as imitation machine-made reproductions. Polka dot rug is quite a perfect choice for any space.